Apple Warranty vs Store Warranty

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by jamtecson, Jan 11, 2015.

1. jamtecson

jamtecson New Member

Hi everyone! I have been around Greenhills looking for an iPhone 6 plus. I don't understand the store warranty (which is cheaper) versus the units that have international warranty (more expensive). Don't all iPhones have a warranty when you buy them? Pls enlighten me.

2. l7224

l7224 Member

Store warranty means it has warranty from the store you got it from. I'd get the one with Apple Warranty.

3. jamtecson

jamtecson New Member

I would also, but doesn't all iphones come wth Apple Warranty?

4. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

iphones warranty is valid in the country were it was come from.

raypin likes this.
  5. mda

mda Member

To be clear:

Apple Warranty - phone is distributed by an official philippine distributor, or was bought through one. You can take the phone to ANY authorized apple service provider and they'll help you out.

Store Warranty - basically means the phone was bought in another country and is being resold here, and if something goes wrong, the store you bought it from will be the one to help you out. You're relying on the trustworthiness of the store because the authorized service providers may not be able to help you.

The reason for this is because unlike ipads, ipods and macs (as far as I know), the warranty on iphones are only valid in the country of original purchase. I dont think iphones have international warranty.

Hope this clears things up.

6. vaughnedward

vaughnedward Member

Additional info for "Store Warranty", this usually only includes free service/labor. For the replacement of defective parts, you will have to pay for it unless stated.

jesusluison likes this.
  7. jamtecson

jamtecson New Member

The store I was inquiring at said that it has an Apple Warranty, how can I make sure of this? Should I go to the Apple Service and have it checked?

jesusluison likes this.
  8. mda

mda Member

You can do this, and also check the self service site:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

jesusluison likes this.
  9. jamtecson

jamtecson New Member

Thanks for all your help! :)!

10. l7224

l7224 Member

how much is the price difference between them and authorized apple distributors?

11. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

Check if the box has an NTC sticker and the serial number on both the box and phone match.

12. Ethnic1702

Ethnic1702 New Member

Guys please help me with my query. IF your phone has NTC warranty meaning locked phone with globe/smart how to you claim warranty? im read that you just need to present the box and the phone with NTC seal no need for the receipt is this true?

13. yazzie19

yazzie19 Member

afaik if you are the plan holder. you just need to present a mobile certification from smart/globe. but if you bought it from the plan holder you need to present a mobile certification from smart/globe, 2 valid ids of the plan holder, authorization letter from the plan holder and your id.

14. chandlerparsons

no receipt needed or anything. just NTC sticker, maybe it depends on the store?

15. macsurge730

macsurge730 Well-Known Member

Local Apple Authorized Service Centers like PowerMac, Switch, Beyond the Box and QCD Galleria already accept Globe and Smart units for warranty claim. They are more efficient than going to the telcos, I believe.

16. Hannerrrific

Hannerrrific New Member

Hi everyone, i noticed that there's a black triangle on the upper left edge of my iphone. I bought this through Smart last December 2015 and it is still under the 1 year warranty. There are no scratches nor dents because I use my phone with utmost care. I just saw this black area earlier. Is this something to worry about? Can anyone help me on the next steps I need to do?

Thank you in advance!

#16 Hannerrrific, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  17. attitude1

attitude1 New Member

apple warranty is still the best. some will say store warranty (mostly not official Apple resellers) which i do not suggest.

Hannerrrific likes this.
  18. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is accurate still...as i know that all units, regardless of where it was bought from can now be checked/fixed locally.

Please correct me if im wrong :)

Hannerrrific likes this.
  19. Hannerrrific

Hannerrrific New Member

Heya guys, updates here.

So I went to the Power Mac Service Centre in SM North Edsa for warranty claims. Initially, I was told that I needed to leave my phone for about a month because their technical personnel should test the phone for possible owner damage first and if none (this means phone's still under warranty) they'd replace the unit with a new one (and wait for stocks to arrive). So I paid 500 pesos (if I remember correctly) for testing etc. then I left my phone expecting to get it after a month.

Surprisingly, the following day, I received a text message that my new phone unit is ready for pick up! How cool! Haha

Just don't go there on a weekend because I waited for almost 5 hours in line.

4p0se and Jason Martin Perez like this.
  20. attitude1

attitude1 New Member

wow that fast!

Hannerrrific likes this.