Apple TV 3 Keeps on Restarting/Crashing

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by josephtan2k, Sep 21, 2016.

1. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

Hi,

Anybody here experienced this? It feels like it keeps on crashing.
    Most of the Time I only reach the Apple logo and then goes black out, then Apple logo again, and so on..

I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence but I recently bought a cheap HDMI switcher (running out of HDMI ports on the TV). After a night of using it, the following day, it started crashing.

Tried, restoring it via iTunes, at first I would be able to play a few episodes in Netflix, and then will start crashing again. Tried removing the HDMI switch, after a day, it started crashing again.

I have a hunch that the issue has something to do with the HDMI, either my TV's or my ATV's hdmi got fried or zapped because by the HDMI switch. I have no problem restoring the Apple TV which for me means stable power, it's just then when plugged to the TV via HDMI port.

Just checking if anybody has experienced something like this or if local service centers have the capability to diagnose this correctly.

No look googling this, found several reports but not really a permanent solution.

By the way, I'm running on the latest TVOs for ATV3,7.2.1

TIA!