Apple Support Customer Service issues

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by supahdende, Jan 9, 2017.

1. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

I bought my 6s Plus last November 2015. I had it replaced 3 times already due to various issues with the screen.

July 2016 - uneven backlight in the lower middle portion of the screen - replaced via QCD

October 2016 - upper left corner of the screen is dark, maybe backlight issue again - replaced via BTB

November 2016 - upper left corner of the screen issue again - had it replaced via BTB.

December 16 - When I went to BTB to get he replacement, it has a dark dot and spot on the upper portion of the screen. The BTB's staff said that it is normal which I did not believe. So I did not accept the unit. I asked them how long will it take to get another replacement and they said that it will take another 3-4 weeks (after waiting 3 weeeks)

What I did after that was to call Apple Support to raise my concern about their replacements having defects. I was transferred to a senior service advisor. He said that he will try to have my unit be replaced by a brand new one since I had mine replaced three times already.

It took him almost a week to had my request processed. He even called BTB to had the replacement phone diagnosed and it was confirmed that it is really defective as I suspected.

December 28 - Since the senior advisor will be on a long holiday leave, he transferred my case to another one. The new senior advisor advised that I get the defective replacement unit from BTB which I did. He then tried to file request then he advised me that there was a system issue on their side so the replacement. He asked me if I can wait up to next week. I accepted since I can use the defective replacement phone for the meantime and I guess

January 4 - I decided to make a follow-up. The senior advisor tried to file the request again but it did not push thru again. He said if it is ok if I wait a week again and he will follow-up with the engineers the system issue that he is encountering. I am already pissed but I said ok he can call me again next week, January 11.

What should I do next? I know it will take a bit longer since it is the holidays but I did not expect that it will take 4 weeks for my request to be processed. I will be getting a brand new phone which is good but the wait is too long. What do you guys usually do?

2. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

this is probably not the answer that you are looking for, but i would extend my patience a little more... as long as i get the promise of a brand new replacement phone.

when i had my first generation ipad replaced eons ago, it took almost two months but my patience was rewarded with a brand new ipad. said ipad is still working just as fine as it did the first time i turned the power on... well thats me exaggerating but i hope you get the point of my message.

3. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Wow two months is a very long wait. I just hope that mine won't be as long as what you have experienced.

4. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

well, this was the very first iPad, stocks were very limited at the time; but yeah, hopefully yours get sorted out more quickly.

5. ll_esquivias

ll_esquivias Active Member

in my understanding, once you have a replacement iPhone coming from Apple it has a 90 day complimentary warranty . BTB in my experience has some inexperienced frontliners for technical concerns causing further delay. if you want a faster or quick replacement then i suggest you proceed to PowerMac either at SM Aura or Greenhill -. their customers are lesser plus chances of having a readily consignment unit is HIGH..