Apple PH Online Store

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by josefarrugia, Nov 28, 2013.

1. witch_md

witch_md Active Member

I wish Apple would shorten their shipping time. Too many “on hold” periods.

2. witch_md

witch_md Active Member

iPad’s been on hold in Singapore for 4 days now. Invoice says it’s supposed to ship today but tracking still says “on hold.” Ugh! I really hate waiting.

3. witch_md

witch_md Active Member

Since my iPad Pro has been on hold at DHL Singapore since 9 Jan, I decided to email them. This was their reply:

Air waybill xxxx will be traveling with other Apple orders to Philippines under Mother air waybill xxxx. Before Philippines customs clearance starts, mother waybill number xxxx will require application with National Telecommunications Commission (Philippines) Authority in Philippines.
    Once NTC permit is obtained in Philippines, Philippines team will notify DHL Singapore to uplift the mother waybill number xxxx with air waybill xxxx together to Philippines customs bond for customs clearance formality.
    Upon customs clearance completion in Philippines, mother waybill number xxxxx will break-bulk in Manila Airport and waybill number: xxxxx will be sorted to the service center for the delivery accordingly
    Hence, waybill number: xxxx will then have the continue movement or checkpoint.

4. witch_md

witch_md Active Member

Clearance delay at customs for a week now, because some details/documents were lacking. So who’s to blame, Apple or DHL? Haaay, should have just bought the iPad Pro locally.

5. ralmon

ralmon Member

Hi! I'm planning to get an iPhone SE through the Apple Online Store as Beyond The Box don't have stocks of the unit anymore in all of their stores (silly that they still put the demo units on display).

I'm just wondering, if I get an iPhone SE from the Apple Store, does it ship with iOS 11 or they still run iOS 10?
    As I would love to get the device running iOS 10 due to issues of iOS 11 on non-iPhone 8/X devices.

Thank you.

6. gaol

gaol Well-Known Member

It could be that Customs is currently a wee bit overzealous at this point for some reason.

This delay is strange because Apple Online Store PH exists exclusively to serve the Philippine market and purchases through them are, for all intents and purposes, local purchases. Whatever paperwork was required for any product should have completely been sorted by now, right from the time the Online Store started operating.

Whatever the reason for the delay, it's likely the stock of the local brick and mortar resellers will also suffer, maybe not for the stocks (of iPads, etc.) that are already here, but for the items that have yet to enter the the country and go through Customs.

At any rate, I hope you get your iPad as soon possible.

7. neilrg

neilrg Active Member

Yes, I think it’s weird that there are delays for orders coming from their online store. One would think that all products sold on their site had already gone through NTC regulatory approvals...

8. warlica

warlica Member

is there a way to order a customized spec mbp through physical stores here/?

9. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan Well-Known Member

Chances are the blame rest on Customs. Bought 3 Macbook Pros and two iMacs na from the Apple store Philippines. My last big ticket purchase was an almost fully spec'd iMac Pro worth quite a lot for a friend who asked me to get it for him and according to the tracking information it spent most of its time sitting in customs. It was quite worrisome considering the price of the item but he eventually got it so just be patient.

witch_md likes this.
  10. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

Yes

warlica likes this.
  11. warlica

warlica Member

May I know how? Also, does Apple still allow name engraving?

12. preciousgem

preciousgem Member

I wish Apple PH offers installment purchases. Just like in other Apple online sites in other countries.

kyubi, Ghibli and ronnel0918 like this.