Apple PH Online Store

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by josefarrugia, Nov 28, 2013.

1. josefarrugia

josefarrugia Member

Hi All,

I am planning to order the new MacBook Pro Retina (2013) from the online store of Apple Philippines. Can you kindly share your thoughts? Is it safe in terms of handling? Do I have to pay custom or taxes when the item arrives in the Philippines?

Hope you can share your experiences.

2. davsp

davsp Member

You pay for the listed price. My folks ordered an MBA a while back and added a mini-dp adapter, and they all shipped straight to our doorstep. You shouldn't run into any customs issues.

LIGM likes this.
  3. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

Before buying from them, I suggest you ask Charlie for his pricing. They are very competitive and even offers installment for some units.

4. apermanentchange

I don't think I would personally buy from Apple PH online store... their prices seem so high. I think you should take Mysterio's suggestion and ask Charlie for pricing, I've read about how people have been getting good deals from him all over this forum.

LIGM likes this.
  5. rabby

rabby Active Member

^ I bought my RMBP sa Apple PH. Yeah bit expensive, I just availed of the Education Discount

6. apermanentchange

Yeah educ discount gives you about 10k off, significant enough. After all you can't just pick 10k up off the street. :)

7. amvl

amvl New Member

When I eventually buy my laptop, I might also go through the Apple Online Store route. The education discount's pretty good. :D

8. Lakbay888

Lakbay888 Active Member

Don't we have educational discount here? was able to get my MacBook 13 inch 2.26 at Senco way back when there was an ongoing educ program, Just presented them with the an Ateneo student ID. ;) Im not sure if they still have that program these days.

Maybe you can ask Charlie? :)

9. apermanentchange

You can actually get educ discount via Apple PH online store--they don't check identity or anything. As far as I know. Anyway, I think there are particular stores/websites that do educ discounts.. just don't know which. AFAIK there is a store within ADMU that offers educ discount? At least when I was in there from 2007-2011. :)

10. antski

antski Active Member

11. dakilang_waiter

dakilang_waiter Active Member

12. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Member

13. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

Bro, the sale is on January 10 pa.

14. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Member

I see. Just double checking if you could see the sale price already. :)

15. textguru

textguru Member

Is PH Store included?

16. textguru

textguru Member

wait... saw the store is down... lets see later...

17. neldeles

neldeles Member

They still do, and they actually have the lowest price (at least for the 15 inch ones). Was going to get the top of the line 15 inch from them. It's actually ~11k cheaper than Sir Charlie's philmug price. But it'll take 3 weeks since it's on a to order basis. Couldn't wait so I bought mine from BTB yesterday. Hopefully the prices in the sale tom won't make me regret my rush purchase. :p

18. iamkiro

iamkiro Member

The App store is currently down. Anybody got a chance to see the red friday sale alst year? Was the discount significant?

19. aragorn_109

aragorn_109 Well-Known Member

Prices are out. Minimal discounts on iPads. Fixed P5,100 discount on any Mac (so the biggest price cut is on the entry level 11 inch Air). Best bang for the buck is an almost 20% discount on the Apple TV so go get one if you still don't have one yet. Official lightning to USB cables at P840 so now may also be a good time to stock as these usually run out of stock on Apple resellers.

20. nwinter

nwinter Member

Yeah, seems the discounted price for the Apple TV is really good!