Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music' started by johannes, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Which one is better po ba? Apple music or spotify?

2. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

who else has resubscribed to Apple Music because of the recently overhauled app in iOS 10? i think i'm liking this iteration of Apple Music better than when it launched last year. i instantly cancelled my subscription after the free 3-month trial because the original form of Apple Music was super unintuitive in my opinion. that and Spotify had a vastly larger library (which might still be the case, but the UI improvements might be enough to make me stick).

3. Airmaxone

Airmaxone Active Member

I don't like the new interface for IOS 10. It looks confusing.

4. leninmac

leninmac Well-Known Member

I like the new design. It also helps that they have added lyrics to most songs.

5. mokmoki

ako naman, i was infinitely more confused with the previous interface of iOS9. it felt like such a sharp departure from the classic Music app that it just left AM and went back to Spotify.

6. p.pipster

p.pipster Active Member

Even with the update I still do not like the interface. I'm still using it though since the playlists are a lot better than Spotify's.

7. mokmoki

yeah, i also like the fact that each playlist has some sort of "flavor text" on the context and background of the rationale behind the playlists. that and there are lyrics now (yay!)

8. jelight

jelight New Member

My subscription with Spotify ends today, I'll use Apple Music from now on. :)

9. christianz30

christianz30 Member

I like the UI better in iOS9 to be honest, I feel like I have to do a lot of swipes to get to the top charts or if I'm not doing something right for it to appear immediately XD

However in iOS10, I think it pushes you to listen to its own personalized playlist based on the type of music you listen to.
    I'm really impressed with the playlists that it suggested to me :)

10. ma5te12m1nd

ma5te12m1nd Member

I'm listening to AM more and more since iOS 10. I love the revamped Music app. :whistle:

Those "The A-list: XXX" and "XXX's Essentials" playlists sold me.

Can't unsub to Spotify yet. GF and siblings are still tied to my "Premium for Family" sub :p

11. lerwinchristan

currently using apple music, data loading is too slow, thinking of going back to spotify.

12. extremeshot

extremeshot Well-Known Member

Noticed the same thing. I'm on Spotify Premium and on the 3-month trial for Apple Music. Somehow Spotify does a better job at buffering the upcoming songs. I'm also so confused with Apple Music's interface. Can't see any reason at the moment to shift to AM from Spotify.

13. joethemobile01

The only thing I do not like with AM is their curated playlists. The list is way too short like as if you only have a CD like 18-21 tracks.

14. mongkee

mongkee Active Member

I started using Spotify just last year then last night I decided to try Apple Music's 3-month trial mainly because AM has a lot of the OPM songs I want but Spotify didn't have. For example, AM has way more Side A's albums/songs than Spotify

As for the interface, I think it's just really a matter of getting used to. But upon sign-up, I didn't have trouble navigating thru AM's interface and only fumbled on the first few minutes trying to create a playlist and adding songs into them. after that, everything's a breeze.

Although I didn't get to see the old, iOS 9 interface, I think AM isn't very different now compared to Spotify. I'm sure the 3-month trial period will give me enough experience with the AM to help decide if I'f switch or go back to Spotify. But as it stands, I'm liking AM a lot more than Spotify only because of the songs I've found so far that the other doesn't have. Let's see...

15. ice

ice Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been answered earlier...

If I travel overseas, will I be allowed to listen to streaming music? Make changes to my playlist?

Or can I only access the songs I have saved for off-line listening?

16. rdy0329

rdy0329 Well-Known Member

You can stream normally. I've done this with AM and Spotify (as long as they are available in that country too).

17. ice

ice Well-Known Member

thanks... I still have 3 Apple IDs I can add to my "family"

Will ask my sisters to give it a try

18. leninmac

leninmac Well-Known Member

Your sister needs to be in the same Apple Store location where your Apple Music is subscribed to. I tried adding my sister but it didn't work because she's based in New Zealand while my Apple Music is subscribed to Apple Store Singapore.