Apple Lightning cable alternative?

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by nash2589, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

That sounds like a horror flick in the making... :cautious:

2. maym

maym Member

It is. :cry::cry::cry:

Update: 35% used my phone for waze. :(

3. maym

maym Member

Got my Fuze Chicken Armour Charge! Thank you, BTB!!! :)

The cable is not that heavy considering its material and length (2meters). (y)

Attached Files:

4. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Can vouch for this. I read the negative reviews but still bought one last September since it has lifetime warranty. I have not encountered any issue so far and it works great. The only issue for me is that the cable is too heavy. I'd rather have a heavy one than spending every now and then buying new cables.

5. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

Here's what I use... got this from BTB. Been using this for more than a year already and have no issues with it.

Attached Files:

6. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

i tried remax brand lightning wires. not bad in my opinion.

7. cHad

cHad Member

Pzoz lightning cable from aliexpress. 2$ and free shipping. Very impressed so far for the price and quality

8. manager

manager Active Member

Anyone use a 3 meter / 10 ft lightning cable that can charge? Please reco

9. maym

maym Member

Hi! Does anyone know how I can claim for my fuse chicken's warranty without the receipt? Lost the receipt. :(

PS: cable's not yet broken but kinda worried that I won't be able to claim the local warranty in the future. :(

10. JAO

JAO Member

Try asking for a certified true copy of the receipt from the seller.

11. cHad

cHad Member

I've been using PZOZ branded braided lightning cables form aliexpress and it is really sturdy and I can expect it to last for years being bended and packed inside bags. It also charges faster when connected to a fast charger.

12. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

The Native Union NIGHT Cable (10-foot) in my possession seems to have degraded in some ways. I just tried it with my 2.1A (12W) charging brick and it slows the entire charging process to an absolute crawl. If I remember correctly it would take over 3 hours, whereas with the default lightning cable (or even my Adam Elements lightning cable, but that's brand new so it'd be alarming if it never properly worked) it would only take 2 hours flat.

For the iPhone 7's battery capacity, 2 hours flat is considered normal charging time using the 2.1A brick, but anything more than that and you should already be growing with suspicion.

13. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Since you have loSt the receipt, your option is to file the warranty claim on their website instead. You may have to shoulder the shipping costs though.

14. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

If i remember correctly, somebody from Fuze Chicken signed up with us here in PhilMUG. I just couldn't remember exactly which thread was that. I recall he was directly addressing a comment from a fellow member here on the quality of their cable. Perhaps that person can help you out

15. Shiara21

Shiara21 New Member

I bought 3 Remax cables and used them all. After one iOS update, they don't work anymore.

A friend said that I should have only opened one and when an iOS update doesn't support it, the brandnew one will work. Although, I didn't try anymore.
    Bought Anker every since.

16. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

the old remax used to be like that. But now no problem na. In China remax has been the go to brand there it technically killed all the competitors hahaha :p

17. mcarlos223

mcarlos223 New Member

I use Anker cables as alternative.
    Anyone here knows a 0.3m (1ft) reliable lightning cable? I want to use that for my powerbank. Thanks in advance!

18. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Active Member

Anker, Belkin and Moshi all have 0.3m and even 0.15m lightning cables which are suitable for your purpose in mind. I'd say they're reliable in that they're MFI certified (i.e. they're certified by Apple as being "Made For iPhone/iPad/iPod").

mcarlos223 likes this.
  19. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

there are alot of MFI cables that are china brand. more expensive than the non mfi but still sulit i guess :)

20. mcarlos223

mcarlos223 New Member

I've been to Anker stalls/stores the past weeks and the shortest they've got is a meter. I have to check with Belkin and Moshi. Thanks for your inputs.