apple launches new repair program for iPhone 6s units affected by unexpected shutdowns

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by bhoyetjumpay, Nov 21, 2016.

1. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

Apple has determined that a very small number of iPhone 6s devices may unexpectedly shut down. This is not a safety issue and only affects devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.

If you have experienced this issue, please visit an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider and have your device’s serial number checked to confirm eligibility for a battery replacement, free of charge.

2. Paeng

Paeng Active Member

I've experienced this unexpected shutdowns once or twice last month, I thought its just a bug in the iOS 10.
    Thanks for the info.

3. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

Me too. But just once.

4. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Me happened 2 times already in random incident.I cheked my unit in Apple serviced center but my unit serial shows that my iPhone6s was manufactured in November. The Apple Store Staff at POWRMAC service center recommends to verify with apple csr if they will still accepts the unit even if it was not within the manufactured date since it occurred 2 unexpected shutdowns and its already out of warranty.

5. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Fervish likes this.
  6. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

im eligible for this. how do we do this? bring to authorize service center and leave our iphones? just wondering

7. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

anyone availed of this na?

8. papajamba

papajamba Member

Up for this thread.
    Anyone whohas replaced their ip6s or s plus? My wife's phone has had 2 shutdowns inspite of full battery. Shes just worried that it may take weeks to replace. Hope someone can share his/her experience. TIA

9. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

So, it's only for battery replacement and not the touch problem thing(my iP6 has).

10. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

i emailed powermac. still waiting for their response

11. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Yes thats the problem if you have only one iPhone. Its takes 2 to 3 weeks of wating even a cable replacement hehehe. I experienced this year back then when my charging cable of my iPod got busted.

papajamba likes this.
  12. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Experienced this unexpected shutdown but not on a 6s, it's an iPhone 6plus unit running iOS 10.2.1. I think twice or thrice already battery was still 80+%.

13. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

2-3 days for diagnostics... then 4-6 weeks for the battery replacement... Im asking is if i can use my phone while waiting for the battery to arrive.

14. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Recently experienced this, and had the battery of our 6s replaced at beyond the box. I was told to expect a couple of weeks waiting time but it was done in about 5 days.

Fervish likes this.
  15. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

I sent mine too to BTB. Sana shorter lang ang waiting period/days din sa akin. How much po fee? Ty

16. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

I sent my iPhone6s last Thursday at Beyond the Box Fort. 2 to 3 weeks as I expected normal waiting time said by tech support front desk. Because battery replacement alloted will be coming in Apple Singapore not their stocks.
    My unit serial number was qualified for battery recall program completely no additional fees.

Fervish likes this.
  17. eag

Same here, though I paid P800 for diagnostics. They didn’t charge you for that? It actually only took 4 (not 5) days pala. I put it in on Sunday afternoon, and received the text that i could pick it up on Thursday afternoon.

18. eag

I paid P800 for diagnostics. But my 6s’ unit serial number was qualified for the battery replacement program

19. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

No metioned that I will pay anything before I leave.Let’s see after 2 to 3 weeks later if they going to charge me upon pick up. I hope not anymore.