Apple iPhone 5 Battery Replacement. Is yours eligible?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by denpacs, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Wickedwarlock

Wickedwarlock New Member

Mine is eligible and had it replaced at the service center near Eastwood!

2. madreinman

madreinman Member

my wife's iphone 5 battery is acting up. i'll just need to pursue her if she would like to replace it.

3. macsurge730

macsurge730 Well-Known Member

Last week, I got a used iPhone 5 from my brother as my back-up phone. Upon receiving it, I immediately noticed the screen bulge so I brought it to Switch Glorietta last Thursday. Today I received a call that I can get tomorrow the replacement unit.

juristantrum likes this.
  4. vsperalta

vsperalta Member

you get a replacement unit even only for bloated battery problem? I thought replacement was only for the slepp/wake button recall?

5. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

6. vsperalta

vsperalta Member

Pardon my ignorance but i seem to have missed the part in construing the provided link where it states that your unit will be replaced. "battery replacement" is what's being repeatedly manifested.

7. john.roque

john.roque Member

Apple PH doesnt repair phones, only replace. Must be cheaper on Apple's side.

8. teardrops17

teardrops17 Member

Hi. I just availed of the service through BTB V.Mall. I dropped my unit last Oct 30 and they told me it would take 2-3 weeks because they're gonna send it to Apple Singapore. They also told me that there will be a doagnostic fee of 500 PHP even if my iPhone 5 is eligible for the battery replacement.

I just got a call from them today (3-4 days after the initial visit) telling me that they already have the unit and I can claim it. I was hesitant and a bit doubtful. Is this really the approximate waiting time for this kind of service? How fast!

And when I asked for the fee, the service rep. whisphered that they waived it and huwag ko na lang daw i-mention. Now my doubt is greater.
    Dubious na. Or was it really free and they just told me about a fee so that they can juice me upon claiming of the unit.

I just said thank you with a doubting/astonished face and a smile as i walk out the store. I just hope they don't use the data from my phone as a getback for my doubting attitude and for not leaving any tip.

I love BTB, but I seem a bit icky about this particular visit.

Any inputs?

9. den_lim

den_lim Active Member

Is there no replacement program for the pink screen?

10. CMWRay

CMWRay Member

I wanna know too. When I brought my iPhone 5 in Power Mac Service Center in Galleria they said it's not a battery bulge but a screen problem. There's a pink shadow in the middle of the screen and now not only my iPhone 5 has it but also my iPhone 5s. Seems like a very common issue for this model.

11. den_lim

den_lim Active Member

Supposedly it's the touch screen peeling away from the LCD.

12. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

Hi to All Guru's I know this is a little to late already my IP5 Screen is already Bloated due to Battery will it be replace since I just experience this Just Now its June of 2016 :( hoping you could provide feedback

13. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Try checking the IMEI or serial of your phone here: https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

14. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

Sir I already Check it say's that my Unit is not Eligible for Replacemtn I got mine from Globe Bit it's already bloated :(

15. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

16. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

There's a 5,400 PHP fee for iPhone 5S whole-unit replacement.

17. onebigbite

onebigbite New Member

Hi! I have an iPhone 6 two-year old already. Battery is draining so fast. I tweeted Apple Support, and got a link for diagnostics. According to them My Battery is consumed and My serial # and unit is not eligible for any repair or any service which are free of charge. i can only go to nearby Repairs.

How much would a battery replacement cost??? can anyone tell me.

18. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

Try calling the nearest Switch service center and ask them about the cost: http://www.switch.com.ph/service/

19. xryz

xryz New Member

i am experiencing same issue with my iphone 5. may i know how much did you pay to have it fixed? thanks

20. xryz

xryz New Member

i am experiencing same issue with my iPhone 5. may I ask, how much did you pay to have it fixed? thanks!