Apple iPhone 5 Battery Replacement. Is yours eligible?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by denpacs, Aug 23, 2014.

1. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

At what day did you follow-up your unit? Just text or call? Im eager to know if my unit is eligible for replacement. Up to now i haven't receive a call or text from them.

2. ikenn

ikenn Member

What's the serial number of your iPhone? They should give you update within 3 business day

3. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

C39LT2TAFRC4. I brought it to switch glorietta last tuesday January 6. I just want to know if my unit is eligible for replacement based on their initial diagnosis.

4. ikenn

ikenn Member

Seems like it. Should be ready by Monday.

5. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Wow really? How can you say so? Thank goodness it will be replaced. Im really bothered by the dust inside the display of my iPhone 5s.. plus the annoying yellowish like stain on the edges of the screen.

6. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Got a call today from switch glorietta. My replacement unit is already for pickup. ;););)

7. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Replacement units pala has also 1year warranty. I thought it would be for only 90days.. Ganda pala talaga ng warranty policy ng APPLE ;)

[​IMG]

8. jakejeyk

jakejeyk Member

My 2 year old iPhone 5 had a bloated battery & the upper part of the screen has lifted. I went to QCD in Robinson's Galleria to have it checked. The good news, my iPhone was eligible for a replacement unit (the replacement unit was readily available that day). The bad news is that my iPhone was purchased in HK and can only be replaced there :( I have no choice but to go to Greenhills to have it fixed. :(

9. chandlerparsons

Why don't you call apple and ask for a replacement?

10. speedfreak21

speedfreak21 New Member

hi guys!mine is not eligible for replacement.maybe because it is out of contract na from globe.magkano kaya pag sa greenhills ako nag papalit ng battery iphone 5?legit ba ung items dun?sobrang bilis na malowbat e.minsan 20% pa namamatay na.

11. chandlerparsons

Is your battery bloated?

12. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

I received my replacement unit from switch glorietta last week... It is still globe lock but the model changed from MF352PP/A to NF352ZP/A. Is it a refurbished unit? I know ZP iphone units are from hongkong.

13. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Until now noone can tell the difference between a brand new and refurbished unit unless there is the label 'Certified Refurbished' on the box.

I would prefer refurbished unit as it has been thoroughly underwent quality check than brand new ones.

14. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

iphone 5 battery replacement program extended into january 2016

apple today updated the copy to state that replacements would be accepted for an additional year. the page now says that users may return their defective units until three years after the date of purchase, pushing the end date for the program back to january 2016 for those who bough their phones near the end of the time when affected models were sold

15. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

Hi Mic, I ran apple's diagnostic tool on their website and the result was "battery needs service". How old was your iPhone 5s when you had it checked? Mine is less than 2 years old and it already shuts down automatically at around 19%. It's already beyond the 1year warranty period, do you think they'll still replace it for free?

Edit # 1:

In case anyone is curious about the steps for the online diagnostics tool:
    1. Go to www.apple.com, click Support
    2. Click iPhone
    3. Click "Contact Support" on the left sidebar
    4. Click "Get started >" under Apple Support
    5. Choose Asia Pacific -> Philippines on the country icon on the upper left
    6. Click "Battery, Power & Charging", then "Battery questions or troubleshooting".
    7. Enter your email address. Apple will email you a link to the diagnostics tool.

8. Open the email on your iPhone, click "iOS Diagnostics"
    9. You can either run Quick Test or Extended Test. (i just chose Quick Test)
    10. After running the test, the browser page will update to show your results (mine showed "Battery needs service")

Hopefully apple replaces this for free, this iPhone 5s is only 1yr and 4mos old. The battery on my iPhone 4s was perfectly fine after 2 years and was still able to sell it.

Edit # 2:

Another update. I used the chat functionality to speak with an Apple representative. The diagnostics tool tagged my battery as "Consumed", meaning "the battery has reached the expected amount of charging cycles so it's no longer able to sufficiently hold a charge".

I explained to them the situation and how it was not consistent with my previous experience with my old iPhone 4s, whose battery life was still good even after 2 years of usage, while my iPhone 5s is just 1yr and 4 months old. I also told them that if this was my first iPhone, I would not have contacted them and just thought that it was normal. And that I know Apple values consistent user experience, that's why I contacted them.

The rep escalated my case to his supervisor, and after chatting for a while, he eventually offered a "one time courtesy" to replace my battery for free! Yay! Now all i need to do is to go to an authorized service center. I was thinking Senco Link here in makati, since they are tagged as "Premium" on the Apple finder tool. Anybody here have experiences with Senco Link?

#215 mokmoki, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  16. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

My iPhone 5s is 11 months old when i brought it to switch glorietta. Battery is ok but there are dust inside the screen.

17. jeffrod

jeffrod Member

18. mauwrr

mauwrr Member

I'd like to ask, must the phone be under warranty to avail of the program? Mine's from globe and is now out of warranty but my serial number appears to be eligible to both battery and sleep/wake button replacement.

Also how about unit from telco's where do we get replacement? From any AASPs?

Thanks.

19. dBAGZiq

dBAGZiq Member

Doesn't need to be under warranty...waited for my iPhone6 first before I sent my 5 last February (i think) to Power Mac, unit from Smart.

20. mauwrr

mauwrr Member

^That's nice then. For those waited while their phone's battery is replaced, how long did it took? I was planning to have it replaced then swapped to a unit with larger storage. So that wala na sila problem sa batt.