Apple EarPods

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by Lem Enriquez, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

First impression, blows away all the Beats IEM/earphones imo. Seriously.

I wasn't expecting any soundstage on this and it surprised me. Tried closing my eyes and felt like I was on a club with speakers positioned in different areas. It also has an airy feel to it, which makes it not fatiguing to listen to for extended periods.

The clarity and details are there, although not as good as $100 and up IEMs. It has a decent treble, and the bass is actually pretty good. Not muddy like the old ones, and you can fairly hear good sub bass in some critical songs. Sibilant on high volumes though.

I also listened to it connected to my E11 and this is where it totally shines. It enhanced the details and gave out smooth trebles even on high volumes. It also produced a more tight and punchy bass. The bass leak was controlled as well.

Although if isolation is what you're looking for, then look elsewhere.

They are highly recommended and they are worth the $30 price tag for a stand alone purchase.

2. yammie

yammie Member

just got the last EarPods in DW market market. :D they said the earpods are quite a seller.

3. murmurr

murmurr Member

Ive been reading some good feedbacks from other blogs abou this new earpods! Since this will be a part of the new iPod touch, I will get to experience it once I got my order delivered by october. Can't wait...

4. jessec

jessec Member

How much did you got it? Hearing all the reviews here, got me interested

5. Borgz

Borgz Member

DW Market Market earpods have the same price as with the Apple Philippines Online store: 1,490 Pesos. Of course, there's the discount philmuggers get from Charlie's stores

6. joszef

joszef Member

Sorry for being ignorant, but how does the discount work? Shall I just go up to the cashier and say "hey, I'm a Philmug forumer and I would like to enjoy the discount on my purchase?"

7. lexluthor_26

lexluthor_26 Member

took a plunge on this, got myself an earpods care of powermac :D birthday gift for myself < what a cheapskate :D. much better than the old one, and yeah there's BASS now. Though its still lacks on mid range clarity but for 1490, with mic and audio controls, it beats the competition.

8. tjgato

tjgato Active Member

finally got one from Beyond the Box in RW 10% discount with a RW card. now to try this out

9. prankie

prankie Member

I wonder if the "new batch" of ipod shuffles will have these earpods included? :)

10. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Well according to the Tech Specs of the iPod shuffle, it won't.

11. elbert

elbert Active Member

I don't recommend the EarPods for physical activities. I was using it while road biking and they just kept slipping off. What more running or mountain biking?

The sound is pretty impressive and the fit is better than regular typical ear buds but it can't beat a good pair of in-ears like my v-Moda remix remote.

12. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Active Member

i think it would be better if you can optionaly insert a pair earbuds into the earbuds for better fitting. haha

13. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

Probably in the next iteration of earpods. :p

Bought one earlier at DH Pioneer. I agree that this one is better than the previous stock earphones with remote. Satisfied with my purchase. :)

14. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

I guess it really depends on your ears. I use mine running and they're totally fine. You can try a mod though, some guys in HeadFi are using foamies to make the grip better and it'll seal better too... Haven't found any foamies yet, so I haven't tried it. My guess though is that it'll make the bass a bit muddy.

:)

15. zest62

zest62 New Member

before I was deaf. but now, I can hear !!
    seriously speaking, it is a better upgrade to the first gen of original Apple earphone.

16. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Actually the sound quality is way better than the Marshalls i have

17. Ryukun

Ryukun Member

I'm enjoying the pods everyday!

18. DDuck

DDuck New Member

Got mine last October 5.

All I can say is that the sound quality is okay but the mic is great.

19. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

trying the earpods that came with the iPhone 5 (over a month after getting the iPhone, haha!). How I wished that it'd sound bad or at least not at par with my black AKG, but to my dismay, it sounded better than my AKG! haha! Will stick with my AKG for everyday use just so the headset will complement my black phone. I just wish that someday, apple decide to have a black earpods to complement the phone color.

20. lexluthor_26

lexluthor_26 Member

I just recently discovered that not all apple products produce same sound quality from all their devices. Im always using this new earpods on my iphone and ipad3 and satisfied with it... but lo and behold, I used it with shuffle 4th gen, and wow it blew me away. With its default setting ( shuffle doesnt have music settings ipad and iphone has) it sounded great! specially 320 bitrates, I can now hear more music instrument details. Music to my ears :D