Anyone started investing in Smart home devices?

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by zagu, Sep 11, 2015.

1. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a separate power cube rated 90Vac to 240Vac.

2. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

I got three Echo Dots in three different rooms/areas in the house.

Alexa is a hoot when you're bored. My 3-year-old son gets frustrated with her though, because he says, "Awexa, sing happy buth-day" and most of the time Alexa does nothing... because her name isn't pronounced Awexa. :p He gets so pissed when Alexa understands his older sisters' commands but ignores his.

She's also helpful in some ways. But since I have yet to buy other Alexa enabled devices, mostly we use the Dots as wireless intercoms. The Drop In feature is fantastic. Just for this feature, the Dots are already very much worth it. Now thinking of buying three more. :)

rdy0329 likes this.
  3. vodkaice

vodkaice Member

I got a Broadlink hub and light switches. The hub uses radio to control my lights and motorized curtain, and IR to control the TV and soundbar.

Best part is anything that is IR controlled can also be connected. I bought P500 Xmas lights from Lazada with a remote to change the colors. I was able to control it with Broadlink, then tell Alexa what color I want for the lights :D

iSk8er likes this.
  4. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

Can i use this here in the Philippines?

Attached Files:

5. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Well-Known Member

It's rated at 110V but it worked for me on our 220V outlets until it got busted after more than 3 years. I think it lasted longer than I thought it would. I am still looking for an affordable source for replacement - Lazada's overpriced so still looking.

potpot2 likes this.
  6. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

Got a Google Home mini. Will look into the Xiaomi smart lights. Interesting.