Airports Thread (NAIA, Clark, etc.)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by rbenzon, Oct 7, 2016.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..looks nice. I wonder where the ferry service will go? Roxas Blvd? Bataan? Subic? Convenient for NLuz passengers.

2. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

The NAIA Walkway is supposed to have opened yesterday. Has anyone tried it already?

3. kapitan88

kapitan88 Member

i think they moved the opening to friday. passed by yesterday sa naiax, may mga scaffolding pa sa loob ng bridge.

4. waks13

waks13 Active Member

Here is the JICA's studies for the New Sangley International Airport.

Godfather, greta87 and Chito Limson like this.
  5. topaz

topaz Active Member

I hope this gets finished in my lifetime.

Godfather likes this.
  6. waks13

waks13 Active Member

7. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ would the lights be really like that during normal operations? Or was it just during that opening ceremony?

8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

This is great. I think it should be completed when my son finishes law/med school and has kids of his own. He is three now.

However :

1. Hope it will be much, much bigger than in the renderings in the video. Since we are building a new one, it should be future proof na dapat. In my dreams, at least HKIA size dapat.
    2. There should also be a train system going there so very few people will be driving there from Metro Manila
    3. One thing I noticed with the NAIA Terminal Cancers is that Pinoys make it a clan affair + picnic + overnighter when they hatid or sundo their OFW cash cows, este relatives. This is one of the reasons our current Terminal Cancers are so crowded and jammed with traffic. Hopefully they will find a way to discourage this insane Pinoy hobby with the new airport/s.

I also hope they have a proper name for it this time. Maybe Sangley International Airport or Cavite International Airport to distinguish it from the catacomb ruins that are NAIA and MIA. Something that makes sense dammit, instead of gut reactionary.

9. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Mostly agreed, Godfather, but I would suggest that a good terminal will take local culture into account, and the large family send-offs unique to Pinoys are part of that. It may be no big deal and even a nuisance for those of us who travel frequently, but it's important to OFWs who won't be seeing their families for at least a couple of years.

I wish the new airport would provide a proper space for this (along with a view deck for departing flights), well away from the actual entrances to the check-in areas.

hitme64, Sunil_K, tiffitotz and 4 others like this.
  10. raypin

Mm..from day one dapat meron train link. Surefire way to keep vehicle traffic to a minimum. The Airport Express of HKIA is my favorite (superior to Changi). 26 minutes of comfortable and efficient ride to the city. No hassle.

hitme64, Sunil_K, greta87 and 2 others like this.
  11. penmanila

Staff Member

raypin likes this.
  12. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

I'm leaving via Cathay Pacific next week, and i'm wondering if the immigration line has improved. Anybody still experienced the long wait in immigration? By the way, Cathay Pacific is in terminal 3 right?

13. raypin

Mm.. Cathay use T3.

hitme64 likes this.
  14. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

i took CX from T3 a week and a half ago. i sometimes fill up my departure form while waiting in the immigration line, but there were no lines. however, a friend of mine posted a photo of long immigration lines in T1 just days ago. so i think it's a function of terminal and timing.

best to be early. i was so early, CX granted my request to be moved to an earlier flight. besides, the airport internet is now fast; makes waiting time fly faster.

Sunil_K, hitme64 and Juice like this.
  15. penmanila

Staff Member

i passed through T1 on my recent trip to jeju and the lines were tolerable. (of course i used the senior lane, but the regular ones weren't too bad either.) ;)

hitme64 and Juice like this.
  16. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Immigration at T3 is as fast now as the airport wifi. Of course it helps if you are on Official Visa and you get to skip the regular queues for the Diplomatic line. As always looking sharp and clean of wear is better than shorts and sandals and a large brim hat.

Now if they had those massage chairs like in Amsterdam or Tokyo then waiting for 3-4 hours for your flight won't be gagging.

Sunil_K likes this.
  17. raypin

Mm...just dont stay at the food court level of T3. Sobrang hina ng aircon.

18. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Posted by a friend, an hour ago.

T2.jpg

Looks like T2 to me. But again, I think it's a function of terminal and time of the day. Last week, in T3, I went straight up to the immigration officer, without having to queue, not even for a second.

When my friend flew out of T2 three weeks ago, short line; done in five minutes. They were so early, the luggage handlers had time to pick their luggage. ;)

Best to take luck out of the equation.

Godfather likes this.
  19. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

We left Alabang 8:45am and arrived at T3, got o security check and there's omly 9 people including 6 of us in line. It was virtually empty. Cathay lounge has no AC. I don't know which is better, no lines no ac or long lines with ac.

20. number001

number001 Member

Last Sunday May 28. Arrived at 6PM, T1 (the old airport) and the line queue for immigration was really long. I accompanied a senior so we used the senior lane which turned out to be a bad decision bec it was much slower than the regular lines.

#100 number001, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017