Airports Thread (NAIA, Clark, etc.)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by rbenzon, Oct 7, 2016.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..looks nice. I wonder where the ferry service will go? Roxas Blvd? Bataan? Subic? Convenient for NLuz passengers.

2. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

The NAIA Walkway is supposed to have opened yesterday. Has anyone tried it already?

3. kapitan88

kapitan88 Member

i think they moved the opening to friday. passed by yesterday sa naiax, may mga scaffolding pa sa loob ng bridge.

4. waks13

waks13 Active Member

Here is the JICA's studies for the New Sangley International Airport.

Godfather, greta87 and Chito Limson like this.
  5. topaz

topaz Active Member

I hope this gets finished in my lifetime.

Godfather likes this.
  6. waks13

waks13 Active Member

7. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ would the lights be really like that during normal operations? Or was it just during that opening ceremony?

8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

This is great. I think it should be completed when my son finishes law/med school and has kids of his own. He is three now.

However :

1. Hope it will be much, much bigger than in the renderings in the video. Since we are building a new one, it should be future proof na dapat. In my dreams, at least HKIA size dapat.
    2. There should also be a train system going there so very few people will be driving there from Metro Manila
    3. One thing I noticed with the NAIA Terminal Cancers is that Pinoys make it a clan affair + picnic + overnighter when they hatid or sundo their OFW cash cows, este relatives. This is one of the reasons our current Terminal Cancers are so crowded and jammed with traffic. Hopefully they will find a way to discourage this insane Pinoy hobby with the new airport/s.

I also hope they have a proper name for it this time. Maybe Sangley International Airport or Cavite International Airport to distinguish it from the catacomb ruins that are NAIA and MIA. Something that makes sense dammit, instead of gut reactionary.

Sunil_K and greta87 like this.
  9. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Mostly agreed, Godfather, but I would suggest that a good terminal will take local culture into account, and the large family send-offs unique to Pinoys are part of that. It may be no big deal and even a nuisance for those of us who travel frequently, but it's important to OFWs who won't be seeing their families for at least a couple of years.

I wish the new airport would provide a proper space for this (along with a view deck for departing flights), well away from the actual entrances to the check-in areas.

Sunil_K, tiffitotz, Ejaxene and 3 others like this.
  10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..from day one dapat meron train link. Surefire way to keep vehicle traffic to a minimum. The Airport Express of HKIA is my favorite (superior to Changi). 26 minutes of comfortable and efficient ride to the city. No hassle.

11. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

raypin likes this.