Airport Extreme Base Station busted

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by quicksilver, Aug 14, 2016.

1. quicksilver

quicksilver Member

Lightning struck very near our house and my Airport Extreme base station, as well as the SkyCable modem it was connected to, got busted. No problem with the wall outlet, as well as the surge protector it was connected to. Both units cannot be powered up anymore. No other appliance in our house was affected. I suspect the surge went thru the cable, to the cable modem, then to the base station and fried both units. SkyCable is sending a technical crew to check/replace their cable modem.

Question: can the airport extreme base station be repaired? is it worth repairing?

2. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Same thing happened but to my airport express. This happened last week during one of the rainy days. It was working ok in the morning, but when I got back at night, I couldn't see the ssid anymore & the unit kept on flashing green light in quick succession. Tried resetting but to no avail. Brought it ynzal, but they said it was already dead, & cannot be repaired. They suspect it was a lightning also that destroyed it.