AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

Yup, I reserved last week then they called me once it arrived. They only received one unit only, but I believe shangrila will receive a lot on wednesday, better call them to reserve a stock.

Thru reservation sir since last week, maybe the next one will be allocated to you, only one unit arrived as per ms jam of istudio manila

2. edwintan

edwintan New Member

Thank you for the tip!

3. mr.butch

mr.butch Member

Thanks for the tip!

4. ramil

ramil Active Member

Used the AirPods during a 30-minute indoor run. Very comfortable to use. They also stayed in place the entire time.

5. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

Initial review: very comfortable to wear, sounds are slightly better than earpods due to added bass and connecting it with all ios/mac devices is just like magic!!

Attached Files:

6. mree

mree Active Member

I hope they release colors that match the iPhones.

7. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

Just picked up my airpods from istudio gateway! Yehey!

shootertwist likes this.
  8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^welcome to the club bro hehe... yesterday went to the shower and almost forgot i had the airpods on hehe... it really is so lightweight that when using for a long time you sometimes forget its actually there

#148 shootertwist, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. wattleferdz

^ oo nga! I'm using it now and i guess I can really run with these on! The bass is superb! It is as if i have my bose on! (Well sort of pero my bose is still superior). Will sell my plantronics na! Bwahahaha!

Attached Files:

10. jbfirefly

jbfirefly Active Member

Do they have stocks there na?

11. wattleferdz

Yung mag-isa lang bro na pinareserve ko.

12. jbfirefly

jbfirefly Active Member

Thanks! Looks like one per branch pa lang nirerelease nila.

13. edwintan

edwintan New Member

Same price lang ba if i pay in cash or credit card sa istudio for airpods?

14. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger Well-Known Member

Just opened mine and the sound is incredible! A bit of an upgrade from the regular EarPods. The fit is snug enough form my ears so I am not afraid of it falling off. Looking like a dork, well, that's another story...

The AirPods are almost instantly detected by the iPhone as soon as I open them and pairing couldn't be any easier. The battery indicators will begin to appear on the iPhone and as soon as you take them off they are ready to go. Double tapping on it will activate Siri and she can hear my commands loud and clear. Once I was done listening to my music I simply take the AirPods out and the music stops. They are magnetically docked in place once I return it and begin charging.

#154 gadgetmonger, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  15. shootertwist

^the ease of use is definitely signature apple. Bluetooth earphones have been around for a long long time already and i personally have used a lot from jbl, sony, plantronics, sennheiser, to the current jaybird bluebuds x2, and this is the first time i feel like i'm using regular earphones sans the wires. Typical apple, taking something we use regularly and integrating it seamlessly with how we use our phones.
    No compromises as far as connectivity is concerned. No dropped music or lost Bluetooth connection so far. If u guys use an apple watch then you have an idea how the bluetooth connection happens seamlessly, its the same with the airpods just put it on your ears and its connected to the last device you used.

16. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Dropped mine yesterday. Was putting my hydration vest on and the tubing dislodged the Airpod from my right ear and it fell to the ground (pavement). It almost got dislodged again when my arm brushed my face.

[​IMG]

Still works okay, there's a smaller chip somewhere.

17. wattleferdz

Put a cheap cushion pad which I have been using with my earpods to snug them in place. Just came from a run and neither of them dropped.

Attached Files:

18. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

uy ok ah! old school walkman cushion pads! never thought of that till after seeing this. @xthine 's experience serves as a cautionary tale on accidentally brushing against the Airpods. they might not get dislodged that easily even after consciously shaking one's head, but a quick swipe left or right could easily knock them out. note to self: combine that with @wattleferdz tip.

and not to say amigos here still need any more convincing but reading this funny article elevates the Airpods as the smartest buy amongst the truly wireless: https://www.google.com.ph/amp/www.c...r-whining-airpods-cheap-af/amp/?client=safari

19. shootertwist

Yes same lang bro with istudio when i got mine

20. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

My somewhat AirPods review after a week of use:

I love it. This is the best Apple product of 2016 for me. The pairing experience with my iPhone is how every bluetooth device should work (Apple wireless keyboard!). It synced to my Mac and Apple watch in a couple of minutes, which is great but I prefer to keep it connected to my iPhone. I experienced a couple of issues when the audio starting playing on the iPhone speakers but the AirPods itself weren't disconnected. I had this problem before with my external bluetooth speakers so I don't think the AirPods were the problem but I think it is worth mentioning. I've used it for music, podcasts, and phone/skype calls and it just works. It does seem like magic to just pause or resume the audio when you take one of them out of your ear. I only used tap to invoke Siri maybe three times and nothing special about it. It is very annoying though that you have to pull out your iPhone (or invoke Siri) to adjust the volume, and skip/rewind audio.

Sound is definitely better compared to my year-old Coloud headphones. The fit is surprisingly perfect since the old iPhone earpods tend to fall off my ears, but I guess I can blame that on the weight of the cable. I even tried head-banging to check if it would fly away and happy to say it stayed in place. I've used it only during cycling workouts but I'm planning to wear it on my next run.

Battery life is great. The longest use I got was 3+ hours (2-3 podcasts) but I haven't had the AirPods drop below 20% charge since I put them in the case if I don't use them. It does charge fast, 15-20 minutes can add 50% charge. I'm happy the case isn't bulky to put inside my jeans pockets and meant I would never run out of charge for a whole day. I have only charged the case twice the whole time.

When I see myself wearing it, it does look a bit silly. Co-workers have commented that Q-tips where hanging out of my ears. I won't use it outdoors anytime for fear of losing one or getting it stolen out of my ear. A black/space grey version would definitely have been more subtle.

shootertwist likes this.