AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

got mine locally na, not sure why they are selling it that high hehe

2. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

Hi, where did you get your airpods? Thanks!! :))

3. shootertwist

^got them at istudio bro

4. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

Just today sir? May I know what branch? :) thanks haha

5. shootertwist

yup bro, shangri la branch. though i reserved from them two days ago (wed), then got confirmation they have stocks na and ready for pickup

6. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

Whoa! Wow! Should've reserved there. Tried at BHS but still no call yet. Thanks for the info sir hope I can get one soon

7. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

How much were u able to purchase locally?

8. shootertwist

^same as on the apple store ph bro, 8.9k...

9. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

Just wanted to confirm, bro. Someone at OLX is selling at 13k. Haha!

10. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

^ yesterday, he was selling it for 12.5k hahaha now it's at 13k. Good thing I'm not yet desperate enough to grab it hahahahahahahaha

11. shootertwist

these airpods really do work as advertised, just take it out of the case and put it on that's it. Just like using wired ones, you never have to bother whether its connected or not, its always connected when you put it in your ears and ready to go.

Update on the fit, i tried running with it and didnt fall off. Doing push ups and tilting my head to purposely see if it would fall and it did not. so i guess my ears fall into the "common category" hehe as apple said the earpods were made for majority of ear types around 90% if i remember correctly.

Two Thumbs up for the airpods overall. It will not be my go-to earphones for sq (sound quality), i have other earphones/headphones and dac/amps for that, but for a day-to-day headset or in the ofc and occasional runs and video watching at night, i think it will be great. Will try how the airpods fare on regular runs and see how it compares to the jaybird bluebuds x2

12. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

Starting to nag Airyn of BTB to update me if there's stocks already. Still none as of her reply this afternoon :(

13. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

My AirPods just arrived in Manila and should be out within the week. Can't wait.

shootertwist likes this.
  14. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

The AirPods is now my go-to running buds and displaced the Jaybird and Bragi.

shootertwist likes this.
  15. ramil

ramil Active Member

I was able to buy a pair of AirPods during our transit at the Sydney International Airport. I used it during the 7-hour flight. It was very light and comfortable. I am happy how easy it is to pair with Apple devices. The music also automatically pauses whenever you take them out of your ears.

I will test if it will work well while running and working out later today.

shootertwist likes this.
  16. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

wow... with all the positive feedback we've been getting here, i'll be sure to get one by the 2nd or 3rd iteration, provided Apple does two things:

they keep the price the same as it is now and they release it at a form factor closer to what the Jabra Elite Sport looks like. the candy cane look just doesn't do it for me.

i'm pretty sure the latter is one of the primary reasons for majority of the holdouts. should that be addressed, Apple's got another landslide of a winner akin to the iPhone, price be damned.

17. shootertwist

^i actually think those long stems are actually one of the reasons these dont fall off easily even if you intentionally try to make it fall hehe it sorts of acts as secondary holder when it gets slightly loose based on my observation... i previouslyi tried a friend's jabra elite sport and while it does look good and not white, keeps on falling off my ears.

Here's an in depth comparison for those considering the airpods and other similar bluetooth headsets that are truly wireless...

https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/06/apples-airpods-and-the-best-cord-free-competition-compared/

18. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

Yey! Finally got mine from iStudio SM Manila :)

19. mr.butch

mr.butch Active Member

Did you have to reserve first? Would you know if they have units on stock? Thanks!

20. edwintan

edwintan New Member

Thru reservation or just walk in? I made a reservation this morning and they told me they might have a new shipment today but no news from them and when i called them now, they said they didnt have airpods today. Hahaha