AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

ah okay, i thought we also had a generous retailer here in Manila haha. congrats!

extremebluemagic likes this.
  2. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

ke swerteng bata haha good for you! :) I'm still on the fence, because... second gen.. but I have 3 apple devices which I think will justify the purchase pero still holding off as much as I can

extremebluemagic likes this.
  3. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Analyzation Paralyzation. TBH, I wouldn't care for always ON "Hey Siri".

Better battery life OTOH might pique my interest because I have to recharge the buds mid-day at work (I know, fast charge) but stopping what i'm doing just to recharge makes me lose my momentum.

If you do decide to wait, you'll be able to take advantage of last gen discount if the new one is marginally better than the old one.

I think they have decided to postpone wireless charging case to coincide with gen2 launch.

rabby likes this.
  4. p.pipster

p.pipster Well-Known Member

Also have this predicament as I have this 1 conference call a week that lasts 1:30. Sometimes it'll reach 1:45 and that's when I hear the battery low chime which means I have to switch to speaker in order to charge the pods.

What I do now is to only use 1 pod for these long calls and just switch to the other when batt's low. This is where the AirPods shine, switching is so seamless.

dasaint, kyubi and rdy0329 like this.
  5. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Late to the party, but no regrets!

My CIEM (custom in-ear monitor) has superior sound quality (dapat lang, as it costs more). But my daily commute now requires lots of walking in between bus/train rides (abroad, where it is safe to commute with AirPods :)), so my CIEM cable gets in the way of all the movement—which AirPods are a great fix for.

For stationary, critical listening and the monthly plane rides, there's still my CIEM. But for every day use, am loving my AirPods! :)

6. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

my CIEM's have been kinda ignored these past few months haha - i don't want to use the bundled lightning adapter, but haven't had the chance to get a decent lightning DAC yet (eyeing the advanced accessport).

the airpods has been my go to audio companion for almost everything nowadays.

7. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

time to change your avatar? ;)

OT: apple's lightning to 3.5mm adapter/DAC isn't bad. i did an A/B comparison between that and the chord mojo, which costs p20k+, and the mojo was only marginally better, IMO.

CIEM wins on sound quality and noise isolation. but the AirPods eliminate the need to recharge my bluetooth transmitter or earphones every few hours. Apple's storage-case-as-recharging-station is really a godsend.

And the Airpods are my "most invisible" earphones to date. I am not looking forward to the senior moment of looking for my Airpods while they're in my ears. :)

Sunil_K, potpot2 and ronnel0918 like this.
  8. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

My CIEM (FlipEars) and Apt-X HD bluetooth transmitter (Astell Kern XB-10) next to my AirPods.

IMG_1242.JPG

Size matters. :)

Sunil_K, maRian, ronnel0918 and 2 others like this.
  9. ralmon

ralmon Member

Finally gave in and got myself an Apple Airpods last week. Got it from a super sale, from 8.9k physical store price to 7,999 discounted Lazada Price, topped with 20% BDO mastercard flash sale, hence I was able to get them for only 6,399php

Experience: Connecting the Airpods to my iPhone 8 is as easy and fast as plugging a headphone jack. It terms of battery life, it's been holding a decent amount of power, that I don't notice the battery anymore as it gets recharged by the Airpods case.

The Fit: Before purchasing one from Lazada, I tried a demo unit at iStudio, VMall Branch to see if it fits my ear and to see if it won't fall out on normal body movements. However, it's a different case when running on a treadmill, though the Airpods didn't really slip out of my ear but you can feel it losing its grip and get paranoid that it might fall hence I always push it inward or hold it while running, which I personally find uncomfortable.

As a remedy, I just purchased an Airpods ear hook from Lazada just to secure them while running:

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...o4l.searchlist.list.1.1fe85325YIs7A4&search=1

It would be a plus if Apple produced Airpods that are in-ear type, making it compatible to more ear types .

Overall, sound quality is great, I think the bass is better than the wired earpods. And on normal movements, the Airpods are so light that I can't almost feel them hehe.

10. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

And worst thing happened, my airpod charging case is missing. Do you guys have any idea how much is the price of the case? Thanks.

11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

12. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Yes but how much here in the Philippines.

13. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...contact Apple Philippines for price and availability. Use Google to find Apple support.

14. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

so..........................

I bought one LOL....

I hate this thread haha :p

so far experience it does what it is advertised to do :) it synced flawlessly to my other iOS and MBP. Just like @rbenzon came late to the Airpods party! Just a quick question, what EQ do you use in Spotify or in the Music settings? I am probably still not used to the slight sound difference but I think my last EQ made the Airpods sound not so good in tagalog parang "sabog" ng konti yung bass (in 80% volume I guess), changing the EQ to Bass Reduce made it crystal clear. Anyway I'll further observe but so far happy purchase.

raypin likes this.
  15. Leeger

Leeger Well-Known Member

I’m still in the fence on getting airpods as I have this feeling the 2nd gen will out very soon.

raypin likes this.
  16. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Guys, take good care of you Airpods. Went to PMC Service Center and each piece will cost us P4000 plus. Yes, the case and each Airpod. And another bummer is it only has 3-month warranty. I'll get another pair instead (will use the original Airpods and have the new ones as an extra pair incase one of the Airpods will go missing) or like what Leeger is doing, will wait for the next gen instead.

denzzurcaled, rabby and raypin like this.
  17. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Enable Audio Normalization in Spotify fixed the problem for me :)

shutterbug likes this.
  18. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

Cheaper to buy a new set . Get the piece that you need and sell off the pieces you dont need.

nyao0124 likes this.
  19. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

PM Me, When my dog chewed through my first pair, I had to buy another pair but kept using the old charge case. The second pair's charge case is unused.

nyao0124 likes this.
  20. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Thanks for the offer @rdy0329, will get a new pair na lang since there's a chance na mawala ko naman isa sa airpods.