AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

How would you rate the comfort or the Air Pods? Are they similar to the familiar wired white earphones that are bundled with iPhones, except they are wireless? I'm looking at the pictures and they don't have foam tips that most earphones have.

2. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

Im planning to get the airpods via lazada?
    Is it ok?
    Will it be delivered sealed?

3. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Active Member

Surprisingly, one of the most comfortable I have ever tried. The normal earphones of apple hurt my ears but not this one.
    I've used it mostly for phone calls but recently tried to jog with it for 2 days and it didn't slip at all!

SE20 likes this.
  4. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

5. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

I'm a bit surprised too that after some 9 months of owning a pair, I've been using them on a truly day-to-day basis. When I got my AirPods back in January, I thought they'll be just sitting inside my bag most of the time but with the help of a carry case that I clip on my belt loop, my pair is so accessible that anytime I have some time to kill to watch video or play games on my iPhone and Mac I never forget to put them on. Ironically, I left my pair today at home and I really feel something is missing whenever I don't have them

I'm no audiophile so sound quality is a non-issue for me, but what matters to me most is the ease-of-use that really makes them worth the price... No switches to turn on/off, no need to constantly pair/unpair/re-pair them between my Mac and iPhone. I just put them on and use 'em. When I'm done, I just put them back in the case and back into it's carry case just as quick as I took them out. Quick. Simple. Easy.

So far, I've only seen one other person here at work (out of around 3K employees here at the main office) that own a pair so everyone else who gives me the weird look really have no idea how awesome these things are. All I get when anybody asks me about them is their surprise (and pretty much disdain) on how expensive they are for such tiny devices (and the usual "...ahh kaya pala" once they find out they're an Apple product). I guess non-owners will really never truly understand how wonderful these AirPods are until they've actually used them

And I'm also surprised that I've lasted this long and not even misplaced either bud nor the charging case **knock on wood** :)

Netskipper and mikeyllorin like this.
  6. mree

mree Active Member

Even with my never-ending itch to switch phones, now wanting to try out the S8, what's stopping me is the lack of airpods equivalent. I remember when I got that email from Airyn, I drove immediately to Rockwell. Lol.

rdy0329 likes this.
  7. courtside3

courtside3 PhilMUG Addict Member

You can actually use the Apple Airpods with an Android phone. I've paired them with my Galaxy S8 Plus with no issues.

jillsingian likes this.
  8. mree

mree Active Member

Yeah. I have actually done that before. I just like the whole idea of just opening the lid and you're all set. You can see the battery status of both the case and the airpods. I just don't remember if android displays the battery.

9. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Active Member

10. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

i'm torn... this or JBL's 700 Elite :/ hope the refresh gets improvements maybe I'll lean towards Airpods

11. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I dunno about you but am not quite sold on these AirPods...

Used them on a plane to Zambo City last week and couldn't even hear the triumvirate acoustic play of Dave, Boyd and Steffan of DMB...

Returned to the Bose NC QuietComfort for "real sound"...

SE20 and Sunil_K like this.
  12. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

It looks like we'll soon be able to buy the charging case separately.

But hopefully they'll also bundle the case together with the AirPods (for new purchasers) otherwise anyone who's only about to buy them will be spending a combined total of $228 if you want your wireless charging to go with it. I've been enjoying my AirPods—and I highly recommend the purchase should they fit your ears—for eight months and wouldn't mind forking out for the added functionality.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/14/airpods-wireless-charging-case-december/

#472 Edelheid, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    jillsingian likes this.
  13. rdy0329

rdy0329 Well-Known Member

The charging case is an enticing addition if you already have the 8 and the X. But alas, I already have a backup case reserved. Apple is just too good at upselling you with AirPower and new charging cases.

14. p.pipster

p.pipster Active Member

15. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I want to buy the Airpods come November in HK, I am not sure if should I hold off and assume / hope for that the latest (releases) Airpods will have the wireless charging case by default by December? Tsk :(

16. rdy0329

Make sure you don't fall down the rabbit hole of "wanting" the latest tech but soon realize you need to invest in many things like an iPhone X, Watch Series 3 and AirPower charger. That AirPod wireless charging case would be useless if you have older tech on hand.

17. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

All are compatible naman :) thanks for the advice tho ;)

my signature probably needs an update

18. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

If you'll still be there by December, then it might be OK to wait and see how this rumour develops. The only issue is there's no way of telling if the updated pair will be on back-order and you'll be strapped for time.

But you're not alone. I know plenty of folks who are reluctant to purchase AirPods as they are now considering there could be a new release on the horizon by way of the wireless-capable charging case bundled in or maybe even an updated pair sporting new features. The new wireless charging case alone is purported to cost $69 when it comes out so your hesitation is understandable.

19. rdy0329

How? All of the products compatible with airpower is not yet out.

20. denpacs

denpacs Active Member