AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

I've been using my AirPods for three months and honestly, I think this has got to be Apple's best product release in a while. They did not invent a whole new category this time either, but in the midst of what *some* people call it product stagnation, they have once again reminded me of their prowess towards convenience. They don't price you out of the market if we are to consider truly wireless alternatives that are similar in pricing, if not less, but in comparison offer poorer experiences. The AirPods never failed me before, they always work flawlessly and satisfy my ears, and while they are far from the best sounding accessory on the market, and nor do they intend these to be the be all and end all solution, they are absolutely perfect and fancy casuals (or as some people would call me, a music peasant) such as myself. I suppose one can say that's the market they're after.

I try to be critical of Apple in areas where they deserve it, but right now this post made me sound like a total shill. :p

#401 Edelheid, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Anmi and ianthensome like this.
  2. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

I have also been using my airpods for almost 3 mos now and have never failed me, even when days go by i dont get to use them its ready the moment i pop up the lid... just last night went jogging with it and ran for 5k and didnt fall off... i do still need to get one for jogging purposes only (maybe the beats x), but was really surprised the airpods stayed on my ears despite the constant running i did... the freedom of getting to run using only the apple watch and the airpods is definitely the way to go for casual runners like me, totally wireless and can still listen to music. Gone are the days of messy wires and armband for my iphone

Anmi and ianthensome like this.
  3. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Active Member

IMG_0740.JPG Picked up mine at BTB. Finally!

iSk8er and ianthensome like this.
  4. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

Also, one tip (that you may already know): Right out of the box, double-tapping the airpods launches Siri. You can change it in the bluetooth settings to play/pause instead of launching Siri.

Kulang na lang talaga ang volume adjustment mismo sa airpods, perfect na. Medyo hassle lang talaga that I have to take out my phone to adjust the volume, but I guess I can live with it.

Sheryl. likes this.
  5. theadvocate_ivan

How is the sound quality of the airpods?

6. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Active Member

Not that mindblowing especially if you're an audiophile, yet perfect if you consider yourself a regular casual listener.

Some sound frequecies and adlibs became audible that weren't present before when using my old-not-so-highend earphones. So i guess somehow it gets the job done, and I'm perfectly happy and contented with what it has to offer.

#406 littlewingz08, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Anmi likes this.
  7. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

main concern is the sound isolation how i wish they made it with sound isolation... but other than that yeah not superb but its okay! hehe

8. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Active Member

yeah. that one... but its fine with me and i actually like it that way for I embrace the idea of being "aware" of the surroundings. Gusto ko kasi naririnig yung paligid ko and pag may tumatawag sakin, because you'll never know, it could be a warning or something important. Just my 2 cents. hehe

my main concern though, is the absence of control for the volume. Hope they can add a new feature for this on their next iteration of the Airpods. A capacitive swipe up and down on the Airpod's handle (where the battery is located) to gradually adjust the volume would be awesome. :p

#408 littlewingz08, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Anmi and potpot2 like this.
  9. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Just got my airpods the other day from power mac SM lanang.

I wanted to give my thoughts on my airpods for the information of those who might be interested in it.

First of all, sound quality. If you have an earpod, listen to it. That's pretty much what you will get. I can't really tell if its better or not. But even if there is a difference, it's probably just marginal. Also keep in mind that my music is from spotify, so its not exactly lossless FLAC, if you know what I mean. Compared to my previous $200+ sennheiser in-ear earphones, these are lacking. But mainly in the sound isolation department. Everything else (bass, treble, balance) is decent.

But where it shines is absolute comfort and convenience. I wore it almost the whole day today when i was making my numerous phone calls. It felt great. Sound quality was excellent. And no wires meant that nothing gets tangled when i move. Then when i finish with my phone calls, it automatically turns back the music. So i'm actually listening to music more than before.

I've watched a tv show on netflix. Again its acceptable, but very comfortable.

Overall, i really like my airpods. I'd say it was a good purchase.

One thing i'd like to note is that i had trouble connecting at first. It wasn't as "magical" as I'd hoped. Basically i got the connection failed thing. After restarting my iphone though, it worked as advertised. And it synced with my ipad, macbook pro, and macbook air a few minutes after. Overall, still convenient after the initial hump. Thereafter, switching between my ipad and my iphone is literally just a flick and tap away. Easy.

10. ventan

ventan New Member

Just got mine. I had to search the malls and online shops just to get one. I can't wait for 6 weeks (apple online). PMC (no stocks) BTB (I haven't got a reply). To those who can't wait that long, go to ElectroWorld Branches.

11. zirkwander

zirkwander Member

Airpods are running how much in the Philippine Market?

12. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

13. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

For those who are having issues of their Airpods falling out or not being secured in the ears, I find this accessory to be more useful: The Spigen Airpods TEKA Earhook (https://www.spigen.com/collections/accessories/products/airpods-earhook?variant=29892355521).

earhooks.jpg

I'm using this for a week now and found it to be helpful in keeping my Airpods secure in my ears.
    It's made of silicone material and comes in two sizes inside the box.
    It was also featured in 9to5Mac's Best Airpods Accessories: https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/14/best-airpods-accessories/

14. Jagd

Jagd New Member

Fortunately for me, it stays in my ears even if I headbang all over the place :LOL: Been using my Airpods for a few months now and I still use it 3-5 hours every day. Best purchase of the year so far.

15. mree

mree Active Member

The only hassle with that silicone earhook is you have to remove it everytime you bplace the airpods back in the case.

I suggest buying the cheap headset foams, those that came with your discman or walkman headsets. Just the plain cheap black foams.

I agree with Jagd, this is my best purchase for 2017, too. The best partner for iPhones. I don't think that I'll ever go back to the typical wired or Bluetooth headsets. This is just too easy to use.

16. jerichojanolo

jerichojanolo Active Member

Waited 45 mins since my phone inquiry to get my AirPods. Tagal ah! ;)

17. omarsytan

omarsytan Active Member

Where did you buy bro?:)

18. zChris

zChris Active Member

I want to report that I've been using my AirPods for the past few weeks on my Android phone, a Xiaomi Mi Mix. Pairing is the usual Bluetooth method, not as seamless as an iPhone, and I do not see battery status on the Android (fully drained the AirPods once because of this). Generally, however, my experience has been pretty good.

Most of my usage has been on conference calls and sound is loud and clear.

A few observations:

1. Battery on conference call seems to considerably shorter than listening to music. After a couple of hours on a call, I am getting the low battery warning.

2. When I answer a call on the handset and put on my AirPods, putting on the first AirPod has a 2 or 3 second delay before sound is transferred. However, putting on the second AirPod seems to disconnect the Bluetooth connection of the first AirPod and I need to go to Bluetooth settings to reconnect. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm not complaining as overall, the benefit of using the AirPods far outweighs the minor inconvenience. Of course, switching to my iPhone results Ina more seamless experience.

Oh, and noise isolation is pretty bad. I had dinner earlier in a relatively loud restaurant, like 60 dbm loud, and there was a bit too much ambient noise for my taste.

Otherwise, it's great!

19. jerichojanolo

jerichojanolo Active Member

BTB Burgos Circle branch, sir.

20. arubeto

arubeto Member

Kailan ka nagpareserve?