AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

Finally! Now going wireless.. (y)

IMG_0932.JPG

Janzukato, jhonas015 and shootertwist like this.
  2. cheddarv

cheddarv Member

What store were you able to get it at?

3. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

uhhhg no airpods here in davao :(

4. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

question will airpods work with only 1 inserted on your ear? i know the usic stops if you remove one from your ear but what if i ant to use only 1 pc. will it still work for music/movies?

5. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

^yup, sometimes i only take out one from the case and put it in my ear, connects automatically :)

zagu likes this.
  6. shootertwist

7. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

Sorry for the late reply.
    Got these @ Digital Walker here in Cagayan de Oro.
    But it was made possible by Airyn of Beyond the Box.
    It took a quite longer time to arrive, but then it's worth the wait.
    Better give her an email if you want to order and have it delivered to one of their affiliated store near you.
    And also, tell her that you are a member of Philmug for a great deal/discount. (y)
    Good luck! :)

cheddarv likes this.
  8. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

Got my airpods here in Abu Dhabi, working great! Pairing is flawless. But sometimes it gets choppy when I put my phone in my pocket, I've read someone mentioned the same. Weird lang, but still working above expectations.

9. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

A few days ago I was finally able to use the Airpods for indoor workouts. 4 miles on the treadmill and 15 minutes on a recumbent bike. I could still hear the treadmill while wearing the Airpods which was not a big deal. Double tap did not work 100% of the time and Siri worked about half of the time. I don't know if it was the TV being on too loud, but I thought I said Skip loud enough. I forgot to grab a towel so had to wipe my sweat (face) with my arm the Airpods got dislodged once and fell to the ground. Good thing that happened while I was on the bike and not on the treadmill. Overall it was an okay experience, good enough to use for a quick workout.

10. cheddarv

cheddarv Member

Thanks for the reply. I reserved at BTB and iStudio. iStudio came through and was able to get two one for me and the wifey.

Attached Files:

denpacs likes this.
  11. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

how did you reserve at istudio? what branch or email? thanks

12. cheddarv

cheddarv Member

I went to two different branches to reserve Gateway and Shang. I also reserved by contacting their FB page. Probably best to reserve with Shang since all of their stocks goes to Shang first or contact their FB page to reserve. Good luck.

13. techiechic

techiechic Member

How long did you have to wait for the Airpods after the reservation?
    I reserved at both BTB and iStudio as well and still no updates. :(

14. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

It's odd that stocks are still scarce since it's been a couple of weeks already since it's been officially released for sale

15. shootertwist

Its actually not just a couple of weeks, got mine second week of january at istudio shangrila ... also surprised its still scarce a friend wanted to buy one and i told her that its been more than a month already for sure there are stocks everywhere and she told me the reservation list itself is longer now

#335 shootertwist, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  16. cheddarv

cheddarv Member

It actually took a month. I also have reservations for BTB just waiting for confirmation for pick up.

17. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

I have a reservation with BTB and have a pending order with Apple online (3/31 delivery), so whichever comes first. This was supposed to be a gift, a very belated gift na lang.

18. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

I think iOS 10.3 will address this issue.
    I have been using the 10.3 beta even before I got the airpods, and I would confirm that I haven't experienced any choppy audio after using my airpods for days now. :)

ianthensome likes this.
  19. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

Will update once I get home!

Stupid question, but do we need to register this online, for warranty? Because for iPhones I know that once you activate the phone, their system notes that as your warranty start date. How about for airpods?

20. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

AFAIK, with all premium resellers the warranty typically starts from the original date of purchase. In situations like ours where a product is purchased through an Apple Premium Reseller (Beyond the Box, PowerMacCenter, etc.) it's very likely that the date may be based on dates they inventoried the AirPods you possess. Since my AirPods arrived 15 January 2017, my warranty expiration being 15 January 2018 is only correct.

(To cite another example, I purchased x1 AirPort Time Capsule from Beyond the Box and the warranty is off by 4 months; my only guess is that's when they inventoried the product. If this is the case then all you need to do is either contact Apple or directly the premium reseller, show them the receipt, and then they'll handle the necessary corrections for you.)

You should first check your product warranty coverage here.

#340 Edelheid, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017