Affinity Photo and Designer

Discussion in 'Graphic Designers' started by dadengs, Jul 8, 2016.

1. dadengs

dadengs Member

I'm really really curious to know about anyone here or know of someone else who've adopted the still relatively new design apps by Serif. Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer truly looks promising, but we all know Adobe CS/CC is still the default tools of our trade.

HOWEVER, I just saw teaser videos of these new apps demoed on an iPad Pro and they look awesome:
    Affinity Designer
    Affinity Photo

Pair these bad boys with an Apple Pencil and you can just imagine the possibilities. I'm starting to wonder if, when these apps are officially released on iOS, we'll be ditching our laptops soon, or at least do most of our imaging work on an iPad. Publisher, their InDesign alternative, still isn't out though.

2. kyubi

kyubi Member

This is what im waiting for... crossing my fingers :)

3. dadengs

dadengs Member

Affinity Photo is on sale! It'll only be at $39.99 for the next 2 weeks, so I bought my copy today. If anybody here is interested head on to the App Store. (NO, I am not a Serif stock holder, nor do I work for them. They don't even know I exist.) I hope it'll be easy to learn, and maybe a quick transition from Photoshop? I wonder though if my license will extend to (eventually) iOS...

I have been a huge fan and avid user of InDesign since v1.0 (sorry QuarkXpress). That said, what will really make me do most of my stuff on an iPad Pro (with the Apple Pencil of course!) is if Affinity Publisher really rocks. AND I really pray for some app maker somewhere to make color management a reliable thing on iOS!

4. markandapps

markandapps Member

Have you tried Polarr photo editor? It's UI is user friendly and the price is cheaper than affinity. It also has a free version with limited features. Just a word of precaution though, maybe its target consumers/users are for beginners like me.