27" iMac as External Monitor

Discussion in 'iMac' started by marklj, Dec 29, 2015.

1. marklj

marklj Member

Happy Holiday guys. Having a bit of trouble. Bought myself a Belkin Mini Display Port to Mini Display Port as I wanted to use the Target Display Mode feature on the iMac. Hooked up the cable pressed command/F2 and sure enough the iMac displayed the screen saver of the MacBook Pro. The problem is that's the only thing it shows. Opened up Lightroom, it doesn't show. Opened up FCPX again it doesn't show. It don't even show the mouse movement. But when I clicked on the wifi connection it does show the activity.

Hope you guys can help out. Thank you and Happy New Year

2. speeds

speeds Member

Year model of your iMac?

3. marklj

marklj Member

I have a Mid 2010 model