¡SPOILERS! Game of Thrones ¡SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by Netskipper, May 28, 2011.

1. mree

mree Active Member

And the guy on Jon's left side is the hound, or at least that's what prople are saying. And yes, people are speculating that Sansa will die. While some are saying that the "lone wolf" is not necessarily a stark.

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...July 16, 2017.

3. fcdiesta

fcdiesta Well-Known Member

There are some very interesting articles and interviews with GoT season 7 cast and crew members in time.com (a search on the site came up with these articles: http://search.time.com/?site=time&q=game of thrones). I've read individual interviews with Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the show's Production Designer, and others there. Quite informative and very, very interesting.

Entertainment Weekly has also released a list of the titles and brief synopses of the first three episodes of Season 7 (http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/07/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-titles/):
    Episode #61: “Dragonstone” (July 16)
    Jon (Kit Harington) organizes the defense of the North. Cersei (Lena Headey) tries to even the odds. Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) comes home.
    Written for television by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.

Episode #62: “Stormborn” (July 23)
    Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) receives an unexpected visitor. Jon (Kit Harington) faces a revolt. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) plans the conquest of Westeros.
    Written for television by Bryan Cogman; directed by Mark Mylod.

Episode #63: “The Queen’s Justice” (July 30)
    Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) holds court. Cersei (Lena Headey) returns a gift. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) learns from his mistakes.
    Written for television by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.

So excited for this new season to start...

chaddictMac, Sunil_K and Theus like this.
  4. fcdiesta

HBO just released new photos from the first episode of Season 7 set to premiere this weekend. See them here (https://deadline.com/gallery/game-of-thrones-season-7-photos/#!1/got_mp_102816_ep701-02042/) with a detailed look at a portion of the painted floor map Cersei and Jaime were standing on in the trailers. Also included: Meera (and presumably Bran) at Castle Black, and fan-favorite Lady Lyanna Mormont looking like she's giving another rousing speech.

5. mree

mree Active Member

That was the best Pilot opening scene! It shows that Arya is the Lady Stoneheart of the show. I didn't like the whole Ed Sheeran / Lannister men scene. I thought it was a waste of some good minutes. The only good thing about it was knowing that Arya, the best ever, mentioned she'll ride South. Makes me wonder if she'll reunite with the rest of the Starks this season.

Roman and Sunil_K like this.
  6. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

I couldn't agree more. Ed Sheeran isn't supposed to be there LOL. I like him better in the Harry Potter series with Hermione :ROFLMAO:

OMG Sansa! I wanna do bad things to her :D

7. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

#Truth

If Lyanna Mormont had 3 dragons, this series would have been over in 2 seasons!
    (not my quote, read it on the interwebs but i completely agree)

Mykolant, Godfather, Theus and 2 others like this.
  8. raypin

Mm...great opening scene. About Lady Mormont, she got balls....... the size of Texas.

Sunil_K likes this.
  9. fcdiesta

"Shall we begin?" Yes, please!

Godfather, Sunil_K and Theus like this.
  10. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I thought the other guy was Adam Levine for a sec :D

11. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

Lyanna Mormont is essentially just a fan service at this point. I like her but it's getting old fast. I hope she gets to do something else

Godfather, Theus and greta87 like this.
  12. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

:ROFLMAO:

13. tapnclick1940

Now it all makes sense!

I hope Ed inherited Tormund's, uh, "shape of you."

Godfather likes this.
  14. aragorn_109

aragorn_109 Well-Known Member

For me, only the first 5 minutes were satisfying. The rest of the episode was boring considering that we waited almost a year for it.

Godfather likes this.
  15. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

what the episode was able to do was to give the viewers a glimpse of what each main character was up to (including the whereabouts of Jorah, Clegane, Bran etc.). although I found that scene with Ed Sheeran completely useless other than telling us where Arya was headed...

Godfather and tapnclick1940 like this.
  16. tapnclick1940

The Ed Sheeran scene was there to show us viewers the human side of the Lannister soldiers so we can feel sympathy when Drogon burns them all to a crisp :ROFLMAO:

greta87, Godfather, gaol and 2 others like this.
  17. raypin

Mm...crucial: Cersei's new 1,000 ship navy. Gives the Lannister armies mobility. She can attack anywhere where she please.

greta87 and gaol like this.
  18. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup. That first episode is like a looong tutor's reviewer. But we need the long recap, because honestly I hardly remember what happened last season, considering when viewers last left GoT more than a year ago, Obama was still president, and the US election was still months away (oh good times).

The Ed Sheeran bit was truly weird. People watch GoT because it is an escapist adventure to a world far, far away, existing in another universe, dimension and time. The sudden appearance of a pop singer from our world and our time, actually singing a song is really jarring. Feels too Hollywood and gimicky.

What's next, the introduction of the one true king, Kanye Westeros and his queen Kim of Kardashia?

Sunil_K, raypin, greta87 and 2 others like this.
  19. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

Lavar holding BBB banner maybe The Rock vs The Mountain too =P

Sunil_K and Godfather like this.
  20. gaol

gaol Well-Known Member

Good thing, I didn't recognize Ed Sheeran. But he did look awfully familiar, and appeared out of place among the other Lannister bannermen. :p (So no, I haven't been completely living under a rock, music-wise, and I like "Shape of You," but that's about the only song of his I know.) :LOL:

I actually like this first episode--the gruesome opening, and the way all the major players have been placed on the game board, like the preliminary moves prior to a brutal end-game in chess.

Mykolant and raypin like this.